My grandmother makes the most incredible banana bread. I've altered this recipe slightly to make it healthier. I LOVE a thick slice with coffee for breakfast, or drizzled with dulce de leche and topped with vanilla bean ice cream for dessert.
1/2 cup light olive oil
1 cup organic sugar
2 organic eggs, beaten
4 ripe bananas, mashed
2 cups organic whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 to 3/4 cup almost-ground mixed nuts
(cashews, brazil nuts, macadamia, pecan and almond)
1. Beat oil and sugar together. Add eggs and banana pulp and beat well.
2. Add sifted dry ingredients, milk and vanilla.
3. In a small food processor, grind (or chop) nuts, then stir into mixture.
4. Divide batter in half, pour into two greased loaf pans (9 x 5 x 3 in)
5. Bake in preheated oven (350 F) for approx 45 minutes.