Mini Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
- Makes 30 mini cupcakes
1 cup cake and pastry flour
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp each ginger, allspice, nutmeg
1/2 cup salted butter (room temp)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup cream cheese
1/4 cup salted butter
3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line mini cupcake pan with paper liners. Spray lightly with olive oil so the cupcakes don't stick.
2. In a large bowl, blend butter, both sugars and eggs until light and fluffy. Add pumpkin puree and vanilla.
3. In a medium bowl, sift together cake and pastry flour, baking soda, baking powder and spices.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk until smooth.
5. Fill liners with batter almost to the top. Bake 16 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.
6. To make icing, blend cream cheese, butter and confectioner's sugar until smooth and creamy.
7. When cupcakes are completely cooled, decorate with icing and sprinkles.
I'm absolutely in love with the decorative possibilities of this cake stand. The ribbon can be changed for any occasion and celebration, which makes it incredibly versatile and fun.