Ingredients (I used mostly organic)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup mashed bananas (3 small)
1/2 tsp almond extract
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1.5 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup unsweetened dessicated coconut
1.5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple
Sweetened dessicated coconut to sprinkle on top (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Butter two 8 or 9 inch loaf pans (I split the batter into two, instead of making one tall loaf)
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and butter, then stir in almond and vanilla extracts.
4. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baing powder and baking soda, then stir in unsweetened coconut.
5. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in diced pineapple.
6. Pour batter into loaf pans, sprinkle tops with sweetened coconut if desired, and bake for 40-45 minutes (or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean).
7. Serve, share and enjoy!