1 3/4 cups organic whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup organic raw sugar
1/2 cup light olive oil
1/4 cup milk
1 cup organic pumpkin puree
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
unsalted roasted pumpkin seeds to sprinkle on top
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line and lightly spray 12 muffin cups.
2. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and spices.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the pumpkin, sugars, oil, milk, eggs and vanilla.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and gently mix together.
5. Use an icecream scoop to measure out 12 perfect portions of batter for the muffin cups. Sprinkle each one with a few pumpkin seeds.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Let cool on a wire rack.