1 3/4 cup graham crumbs
5 tbsp melted butter
1 cup plus 1 tbsp organic sugar
3 pkgs cream cheese (250g each)
1 tsp pure vanilla
Juice from 14 small key limes (approx 1/2 cup juice)
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine graham crumbs, melted butter and 1 tbsp sugar in a bowl until moist and crumbly.
3. Press the crumbs onto the bottom and slightly up the sides of an 8" springform pan.
4. Bake the crust for 5-6 minutes and set aside.
5. In a separate bowl, combine the cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar, 3 eggs, lime juice and vanilla. Mix with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
6. Pour the filling onto the crust.
7. Place a baking dish filled with an inch of water on the lower rack of the oven.
8. Bake for 60-70 minutes until the top becomes slightly golden.
9. Allow to cool completely before serving.