2 cups graham cracker crumbs (I used gluten free graham squares)
2 tbsp organic cane sugar
1/4 cup salted butter, melted
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 3/4 cups pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filing)
4 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup organic cane sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 325 F. Grease a 9-inch springform pan with butter.
2. Pulse graham crackers in a food processor until they resemble fine crumbs. In a small bowl, mix graham crumbs, melted butter, 2 tbsp sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp nutmeg. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of the pan. Bake for 8 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack at room temp.
3. In another bowl, mix pumpkin puree, remaining cinnamon and nutmeg, 2 tbsp cornstarch and set aside.
4. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, 1 package at a time until smooth. Beat in sugars, then gradually beat in eggs, one at a time. Add the pumpkin mixture and beat until smooth and creamy.
5. Slowly pour the cheesecake filing over the crust. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Cheesecake should be set but still a little jiggly in the centre when the pan is moved. Turn the oven off, and open the door 4 inches. Let me the cheesecake remain in the oven for another 30 minutes, then remove and let cool in the pan on a wire rack. Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
If you really enjoy the graham crust on cheesecakes, double the crust ingredients for a thicker graham crust.